Topics

Inland Revenue Valuation Records

Hugh Brookes

Does anyone know where I can get hold of or see these records and theire associated field books (for 'Old' Berks

Sue Rumfitt

The National Archives at Kew.

There is a very good online catalogue and research guides if you look at the one for Finance Act records it explains how to get the references for the sheets you want, from the information on the sheets you should be able to find the relevant field books.  You will need a readers ticket to actually go and see the records at Kew.

On 24/07/2019 14:33, Hugh Brookes wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get hold of or see these records and theire associated field books (for 'Old' Berks

Dave King

This post stirred up a vague memory, I had seen some Inland Revenue maps in my collection, it took a while to hunt them out.

I found 5 maps in my collection marked as "Specially Enlarged from 1/2500 Scale Plans for the Land Valuation Department, Inland Revenue"

They were enlarged to 1/1250 from 1902 or 1903, mostly partially revised in 1911, all mine are of parts of Ipswich.

Sorry, nothing of Berkshire!

Dave

Mike

I have a number of the IR maps, all for Birmingham, as pdfs, which I obtained from the Nat,Archives. soem are enlarged versions of the 1:2500 map, but some (see scan of part of one below) are the 1:500 . . As I understand it, these maps are the basis of those being inputted, together with the accompanying record books, into "The Genealogist " site, who call it "Tthe Lloyd George Domesday Survey", though at present only London is being covered (https://www.thegenealogist.co.uk/lloyd-george-domesday/ )