Topics

BL shelf marks

John Davies

In order to reserve OS maps online for viewing in BL Reading Room, one needs to know the shelfmark.

For Pathfinders it is 'Maps 1125 (66)'  Does anyone know what it is for 1:25,000 Provisional ? Or any way of finding out, without actually schlepping down there?

Thanks

John

Richard Oliver

According to my notes, the Provisional Editions Maps 1125(29). I ordered up a quantity in 1983 or 1984 [!!] for a preliminary investigation of square TQ, and they were all mounted an boxed, with nothing later than about 1960. Later issues may be stored flat somewhere else!

Good luck!

Richard